Here's your cold-weather meal everyone! And for those of you listening to CKWR LIVE RIGHT NOW as I chat with Midday With RJ's own Randy Johnston, here's the recipe as promised!
Happy Monday everyone!!
Heart Warming Coconut Curry
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Peas
- Curry Powder (you decide how much depending on your spice preference)
- Can of coconut milk
- Salt (not much, you can always add more later)
What do I do?
- Preheat oven to 300'F
- Combine all ingredients in an oven-safe and stove top-safe dish with a lid. (Corning ware or other such dishes)
- Add enough water to just skim the top of the vegetables and loosely stir mixture.
- Bring to a boil on med/hi heat (not too hot, these dishes don't do well on MAX)
- Immediately place covered dish on middle rack of oven and bake for approximately an hour.
- Remove from oven, stir, and let sit uncovered for at least 5 min to settle.
- Serve on its own or over rice.
Did I mention it was simple?