Do YOU eat gluten-free? Would YOU like to win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of the new Catelli Gluten Free Pasta? You're in luck! I was given a box of the new Catelli Gluten Free Fusilli and made a big batch for my family this past weekend. Even tough they aren't 100% Gluten-Free, they LOVED it, and were honest enough to say that they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this and, regular 'whole grain' pasta, which is what they're used to. The texture was firm and springy, the flavour easily picked up the goodness of the ingredients in the dish, and the preparation was simple! Also, I have been given confirmation that Catelli Gluten Free pasta is produced in a dedicated gluten free facility and certified by the Canadian Celiac Association, so Celiac folks can rejoice!! One small drawback for me was that this pasta includes corn as one of its four grains (white rice, brown rice, corn & quinoa). Although corn is a less-common allergen, there are some folks who may want to keep this in mind when purchasing gluten-free pastas, as many companies use it in their ingredients.
And speaking of ingredients, I have included the recipe for the Rustic Vegetable Fusilli that my family enjoyed (below), and YOU TOO can enjoy Catelli's new Gluten Free Pasta at home! If you don't win the year's supply, the folks at Catelli would love for you to enjoy their pasta at a DISCOUNT! Simply click on this picture to receive your own $1 coupon, valid at participated stores:
And now...THE CONTEST!!!
There are two ways to be entered for your chance to win:
For no purchase necessary entry: simply "comment" below this blog post (you'll have to sign-in to one of the options listed, anonymous entries will not be counted) with the answer to this skill testing question: 4 + 4 - 1 =
Step 1: "LIKE" Gluten/Dairy Freedom! on Facebook and post a comment on the wall that includes how long you've been living gluten-free, as well as the following line: "I Heart Catelli Gluten Free Pasta!"
Step 2: "Comment" below this blog post with your name to say you have entered.
You have ONE WEEK starting NOW to enter! Good luck! And feel free to "SHARE" this post far and wide!
Catelli Rustic Vegetable Fusilli
- One box of Catelli Gluten-Free Fusilli
- One large zucchini, sliced
- Half a large red onion, chunked
- 3 cloves of garlic (more or less depending on your palate)
- Dry Basil, Oregano and Sage
- Olive Oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Fresh Parsley
What do I do?
- Prepare Catelli Gluten Free Fusilli in a large pot according to package directions
- Saute onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil for a few minutes
- Add a generous sprinkling of dry herbs in your own taste combo. (If you need direction, 1 large spoon of basil, smaller spoon of oregano, smallest spoon of sage should do the trick)
- Add zucchini and saute on medium until edges brown.
- Drain pasta, return to large pot, add vegetables, lemon juice, a generous splash of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley
- If you haven't already been doing so while cooking, enjoy with a glass of your favourite vino. (optional...sort of...)
Good luck everyone! And happy Friday!
Catelli Gluten Free Pasta Sweepstakes Official Rules:
- Contest open to residents of Canada
- No purchase necessary entry: 'sign-in' to comment below this blog post with the answer to this skill-testing question: 4 + 4 - 1
- Optional entry: Step 1: "LIKE" Gluten/Dairy Freedom! on Facebook and post a comment on the wall that includes how long you've been living gluten-free, as well as the following line: "I Heart Catelli Gluten Free Pasta!" Step 2: "Comment" below this blog post with your name to say you have entered.
- Contest runs Friday October 25th to midnight on Thursday October 31st.
- One winner will be drawn at random from a list of entries and contacted before 5pm on Friday November 1st to provide their contact information for shipment of prize.
- If winner does not provide contact information within 48 hours of notification, another winner will be drawn.
- One prize of Catelli Gluten Free Pasta with a retail value of $179.40 will be shipped to the winner.
- Odds at winning are one in the determined number of entries.
- Contest is sponsored by Catelli Foods Corporation - 6890 Rue Notre-Dame Est, Montreal, Quebec, H1N 2E5
- Facebook is in no way liable for any contest involvement.
- Void where prohibited by law